If left unchecked, cockroaches grow in population and may outgrow their normal food resources. If food is in shortage, they are forced to eat things that they normally wouldn’t consume. So, if you see signs of cockroaches, you need the team of licensed experts at Take Care Termite & Pest Control to design and implement a customized cockroach control plan to eliminate cockroaches and prevent re-infestation.
WHY DO YOU NEED TO GET RID OF ROACHES?
Because too many cockroaches can be dangerous.
THEY CAUSE DISEASES
Cockroaches may carry disease-causing bacteria that can cause illnesses such as dysentery, gastroenteritis, and diarrhea in humans.
THEY CAUSE ASTHMA & ALLERGIES
People who are vulnerable and prone to bronchial ailments like children and elderly can develop an allergic reaction to the fragments of cockroach skin.
THEY ARE FAST TO ADAPT
Every organic matter in your house is at risk of cockroach infestation with the ability to spread the disease as they move about from one place to another.
THEY ARE FAST TO BREED
It takes just a few weeks for a couple of cockroaches to turn into a huge number. If you see a lot of tiny cockroaches, it’s a sign that there is an army of cockroaches lurking in the dark.
HOW TO GET RID OF COCKROACHES?
Some of the methods used for controlling cockroach infestation are as follows:
Using cockroach baits is effective in indoor locations like kitchens. Baits are available in 3 forms: solid, liquid, and gel. When a bait is placed at strategic areas in the house, cockroaches are likely to consume it. Once affected, the cockroaches pass the insectticide on to other cockroaches, creating a cycle of self-infection in order to eliminate the entire population or roaches.
Fumigation makes use of gaseous insecticides to eliminate the cockroaches within a confined space. Cockroach-infested areas are partly or fully sealed and then fumigated. This method is highly effective in manufacturing industries.
To ensure your home is cockroach infestation free at all times, a proactive roach control plan is the right way to go about it. In this method, a specialist checks for early signs of cockroach infestation and then installs an insect monitoring unit that helps detect the presence of cockroaches. This enables you to take prompt action to control the infestation.
OUR COCKROACH CONTROL PROCESS
Our treatment plan to eliminate cockroaches is based on a carefully designed approach as follows:
- Identify the species of cockroaches your home is infested with.
- Create a highly customized site-specific treatment plan, which may include sanitation correction suggestions.
- Treat areas to flush out the infestation. Also use baiting, exclusion work, and monitoring traps.
- Perform Follow up inspections
- Provide suggestions to prevent future infestations.
WHY CHOOSE US?
We handle all types of cockroaches that have infested your home through our customized cockroach control solutions that are backed by our:
- Established in 1993, we take pride in being a locally owned business to successfully serve hundreds of homes throughout the Central Valley, Tri-Valley, and surrounding areas.
- Our expert knowledge backed by years of experience reflects in the solutions we offer to eradicate all types of cockroaches.
- Our technicians are qualified experts trained to get rid of cockroaches as well as eliminate future possibility of infestations.
- Our highly customized solutions are the most efficient methods to eliminate cockroaches and our team of experts strives to provide high quality and cost-effective services every time.
- Our technicians keep abreast of the latest technology and updates to provide you with solutions that use eco-friendly tools and latest techniques.
- Our expert professionals are trained to accurately identify the species of cockroaches and the infestation problem to treat it in the most efficient manner.
- When is the cockroach season in California?
There is no particular season that cockroaches prefer. Their survival skills allow them to thrive all year old. They especially like the warmers seasons when they tend to lay more cockroach eggs.
- Why do we need cockroach control?
Cockroaches are carriers of some of the deadliest diseases known to man. They transfer germs and diseases. At the very least, they can cause food poisoning. You need to call an exterminator to before it leads to a cockroach infestation.
- When to call an exterminator for cockroaches?
Even if you spot a baby cockroach, call an exterminator immediately. It won’t be long before it would lead to a full-scale infestation.
- How can I get rid of cockroaches from my room?
- Clean the room thoroughly and remove pieces of food and paper waste.
- Weather-seal the windows and use a roach bait. Consult with an exterminator to know which repellent would work the best for your room.
- Sprinkle diatomaceous earth (DE) along the baseboards of the cupboards. DE is a human- and pet-safe dust which damages the body of the roach and causes it to die.
- What is the most cost-effective method of pest control for cockroaches?
Some of the common cost-effective cockroach control tools include:
- Cockroach traps
- Roach spray
- Can cockroaches fly?
Most cockroaches do not fly but cockroaches that can fly will do so if the cold or heat surroundings encourage it. As the temperatures rise, a flying cockroach will seek out cooler spaces. Cockroaches even fly as a survival mechanism if they find themselves in danger or need to escape quickly.
- How to get rid of cockroaches in the kitchen and bedroom?
Some effective home remedies to get rid of cockroaches at home include:
- Using boric acid mixed in food as a roach killer. It is low in toxicity to people and pets but is deadly to cockroaches
- Gel bait stations to attract the cockroaches into stations to feed on poison.
- Using caulk to fill possible entry points, cracks, small crevices, and gaps in walls and tiles
- Where does a cockroach lay eggs?
The female German cockroach likes to lay eggs in warm and humid areas of the house such as the bathroom or kitchen. Females are capable of producing a new egg capsule every few weeks under favorable conditions. Each egg capsule contains around 40 young roaches. The mother deposits the egg capsule in a crevice or protected, dark place in the house.
- Where do cockroaches nest in your house?
Cockroaches like to nest in tight, dark and warm spaces in the house. Look for cockroach nests in kitchen cabinets, behind and under refrigerators, compact places like spaces between the bed and the wall, under furniture, crawl spaces, and corners. Look for cockroach droppings to find spaces where cockroaches nest.
- Where do cockroaches hide during the day?
Cockroaches are nocturnal creatures. They like to live in the dark during the day and hide in dark, wet and hidden places around the house.
- How do you stop a cockroach infestation?
The best way to stop a roach infestation is to call the pest control. They can safely get rid of all the cockroaches and provide an ongoing solution to cockroach control. They also eliminate the need to put cockroach traps around your home as a cockroach killer.
- What causes the cockroach smell?
Cockroaches use scent to communicate with each other. The scent, which is a blend of chemicals, are used to send messages to other cockroaches for mating, shelter, and feeding purposes. They also produce a cockroach smell when they die.
- How can German cockroaches enter your house?
German cockroaches are well-known indoor cockroaches and they can hide in small spaces. They tend to hitch rides in boxes, bags and other infested items bought into the house. They can also easily move between multi-unit apartments using the shared plumbing and pipes as a highway. If you find even one German cockroach in the house, call an exterminator immediately.