Taking care of your termite problems helps defend you against any possible claims of termite infestation in future as the law dictates that construction sites be a termite free zone.
A lot of you know how bad it can be when you have a termite infestation in your home. It is harmful for your homes which are slowly and steadily being damaged without you realizing.
Where Do Termites Come From?
Termites find areas of high concentration of moisture and dampness to be an ideal habitat. Termites are a frequent problem in old houses as they tend to live in blocked water supply and sewerage pipes. It has been found that decaying wood surfaces are ideal habitats for termites with high chances of them residing in them.
Why Your Home Should Undergo Pre-Construction Termite Treatment?
Preconstruction termite inspections and anti-termite treatment has been proven to be a lot more effective and cost effective than post anti-termite treatment. Most home-owners prefer to do pre-construction termite inspections and anti-termite treatment so that there are no termite related issues that arise later on and affect the value of their homes.
Pre-Construction Chemical Termite Treatment
Treating the soil before any slab placement with insecticides is the most common method of termite treatment for homes. This creates a chemical barrier between the ground slab and masonry that will prevent termites from entering your home. Here are 6 steps you can take for termite inspections:
- The bottom and sides of the excavation must be treated with chemical products before starting the foundation work.
- Make holes in the earth and fill them with chemicals where the slabs of the grid will be built.
- Apply chemicals wherever the floors and walls intersect.
- Treat the entire perimeter of your home’s construction site by making the holes and filling them up with chemicals around the entire structure.
- Fill the pipe beddings with chemicals to protect your pipes
- Use only the anti-termite chemicals to treat the portion of the buildings where wooden products will be placed.
3 Benefits of Pre-Construction Anti Termite Treatment
- Cost Effective
It is usually less expensive to take care of termite infestations prior to construction than post it as there are fewer steps that are required in pre-construction and anti-termite treatment than post construction treatment which makes it cost effective.
- Fewer Obstacles
Pest controllers have better access to affected areas prior to construction due to fewer obstacles which leads to a proper treatment with maximum coverage.
- Prevention is Easier than Cure
If you try and do a post-construction anti-treatment then the chances are that it will be too late as the termites have already started damaging the wooden foundation of your home. Going for a pre-construction treatment eradicates the infestation from its very source and protects it against further infestations.
Post-Construction Termite Treatment
You need to analyze the entire property to determine the damage, location of termites and their access points on your property. Here are 5 termite treatment steps you should take post construction:
- Make holes around your house to create a barrier around your home
- Treat the floors and walls by drilling holes in them and filling them with chemicals to stop any spreading.
- Apply chemical coating on all the points of contact which are made of wood.
- Treat the voids in the masonry with anti-termite treatment
- Change and replace any wooden products in your home that have already got a termite infestation
6 Safety Steps to Take When Dealing with a Termite Infestation
Here are 6 steps you can take to keep your home a termite free zone:
- Make sure that your drains and gutters don’t leak and there are no blocked or broken pipes with a lot of extra moisture around them
- Prevent any sources of moisture and clean moisture prone areas regularly
- Apply chemicals as soon as you detect areas where termites tend to group
- Remove any wooden products that have the presence of moisture or have been in contact with water for a while
- Remove any wood that is in constant contact with water
- Do not bury any raw pieces of wood directly in the ground
If you want a systematic and long-term solution to your termite problems right here in California, contact us today at Take Care Termite and Pest Control your nearest residential pest control services Tracy, CA! Our professionals are trained to use the safest and most effective pest and termite inspections for long term protection.